Monday, March 8, 2010

And there came the Oscars!

Truth be told, no one cares who wins what award.. We just want to know what they would be wearing! :)

Here are some of my favourites:

Here’s a closer up verison of Carey Mulligan’s dress so you can see the lil forks & knives and other lil bits embellishing it. Isn't it cute? I love how her pixie cut, earrings and clutch bag go so well with the dress. And haha, who would have thought to sew up knives and forks onto a dress? Whimsical, much? ;)













I don't even know how to begin describing this Ellie Saab dress on Rachel McAdams. It looks different under different light and it flows along like a painting. I like how she kept her neck bare and combed her blonde hair back. Sexy, really sexy.














And then the ugly:

I love Vera Farmiga, really. I also love this shade of pink. It'd look nice on a cute short dress but not on this... she looks like a mermaid overdose on salmon or drugs. She looks really badly poisoned.















The uncertain:

Not sure if I like this Armani Privé dress on Amanda Seyfried. I like the color and how it shimmers under light but she does look like she's covered in bubble wrap. Though her smile is to die for. Love the bangle too.














I don't know if I like this either. I like how it has a mix vintage couture and modern screen glamor but it's just a tad bit boring for me. Cameron have had better looks. This was just too safe for me.















On a side note, I am extremely happy that The Hurt Locker won best picture because they deserve it more than any of the other nominees. The Hurt Lock was also the big winner for the night. And if you haven't watched Precious, you ought to! Mo'nique won Best Supporting Actress for Precious, I felt she deserved it hands down as well.

I'm out. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment