Sunday, August 9, 2009

how I long for you to sing beneath the clear blue skies

I love rerun of old movies! But anyway, right now Channel 5 is screening Runaway bride starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.

I remembered back then when I watched it on DVD, I enjoyed it so much although I know it's not a sequeal to Pretty Woman but it's still great. It got me thinking, you know, marriage is such.. a big thing. It's such a big thing to a man, it's an even bigger thing to a woman. It has to be perfect. It doesnt have to be with the perfect person, but the wedding has. to. be. perfect.

I loved the part where Maggie (Roberts) was anxiously thinking if Graham would run away instead of her, how she constantly reminded herself about the wedding.. how she really can do this on her own. But she still couldn't anyway. Sometimes you're just scared. You're just afraid to do the right thing.


Maggie Carpenter: I love you, Homer Eisenhower Graham.
Will you marry me?
Ike Graham: I... I've got to think about this a little bit.
Maggie Carpenter: Good. I was hoping you'd say that.
Ike Graham: [laughing] You were not!
Maggie Carpenter: I was, because if you said "yes" right away, then I wouldn't get to say this next part, and I've been practicing. [Maggie sits down, clears her throat]
Maggie Carpenter: Ready?
Ike Graham: I'm listening.
Maggie Carpenter: I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is going to want get out. But I also guarantee... [starts to cry]
Maggie Carpenter: ...that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life. Because I know in my heart... you're the only one for me.


At my future wedding, I know I'd be happy and scared at the same time. And I know sometimes I run away from things because I'm messed up. But I hope, the person I'll be marrying would love me for me and want to be with me for the rest of his life.. and of course, love all my bestfriends, be ok with them sleeping over sometimes, we'll probably be talking till 3am.. But I can be very sure, I won't run away unless you're running away with me.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment