Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What Men Want

It’s easy to talk about these types of things in absolutes. Easier than to admit that I don’t know, some men themselves don’t know, that individuals are not quantifiable items like red bricks or jars of beans.

So honestly, I don't know what Men want. Do you?

I can never be the ideal kinda girl. I have cellulite. I snore when I sleep. I laugh way too loud. I misinterpret things I don't understand. I don't know what to say at the right time. I laugh at you in the face when you got your heart broken. I can never be your ideal kind of girl.

These absolutes really boggle me to the skull of my brain. I try not to let them get anywhere near my heart, not even the left wall. Everyday we wake up trying to be someone else. Someone people would approve of. Someone people would understand. Someone people would like.

Today I painted my left big toe a total different shade of red unlike the rest and only on the top (because it fricken chipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Would a man like that in a woman? The randomness, the inconsistency, the irregularities, the fuck ups...

Anyway, have a good Tuesday.
You know you have all my love because you're still reading.


Photobucket


We can hold a lot of ideas. We can hold a lot of grief. We can wonder if our lives might contain that other thing, just for a moment. Thought is the wrong word. Thought implies intention, which it should not.
Ander Monson, “Weep No More Over This Event”

No comments:

Post a Comment