Saturday, September 8, 2012

SYTYCD 2012 Episode 13 - Top 6


 This week's SYTYCD had some unexpected twists for the finale next week...... Wait let me catch my breath......

Before I share with you my favourite routines of this week, can I just say that Christina Applegate just annoys the SHIT out of me sometimes? Sometimes her puns are not funny and her cryptic comments make me cringe. Ok enough.

Eliana & Cole - Contemporary

I have to say I felt really strongly for this piece and Nigel Lythgoe put it exactly how I would have said it - When you love someone this much, on the opposite scale, you'd HATE that person just as much. Mia Michaels is a genius. I can't say I enjoy ALL her routines but this one really made a strong statement and I'd say this pairing was the right match for this piece because both of them exude the same kind of strength and ability to emote like a real actor. Both of them could possibly make it as actors if they ever want to be! 

Tiffany & Benji - Jive 

I think Jive is my favourite ballroom dance because it embodies fun and energy! To be honest with you - Tiffany didn't particularly stood out for me from the start of this competition. She's a great dancer but she just didn't sparkle as much as the rest. However this week she shined like a million, gazillion STARS! It's almost like a meteor garden.  (haha, I'm cringing at my bad pun) I enjoyed this routine so much because it's so fun and energetic to watch! Made me felt like I need to put on my dancing shoes and dance along. I absolutely adored it!

Witney & Marko - Lyrical Jazz 

First and foremost, I'M SO HAPPY MARKO IS BACKKKKKKK! I love him to bits. He's such a charming dancer. Each time he dances, he puts in so much heart and soul in it. Any girl is lucky to have him as a partner. With that said, I felt Marko carried Witney throughout this routine. I also liked the story behind this piece? It's about a couple at the altar and the girl is having second thoughts about getting hitched. Thought it was simple and cute and how it translate so beautifully through dance. 

Tiffany & Cyrus - Broadway

Wow so many great routines this week! I love this one a lot because it's so cheeky, cute and told an amazing story! I thought both of them make a great team, their energy level kinda feed off each other and it really translate it in dance terms very, very well. Both of them do cute SO effortlessly and it was so delicious on so many levels. And in this routine, you can really see that though Cyrus isn't as great as a dancer as Tiffany or compared to any of the male dancers on the show but he puts in 200% everytime he performs and he delivered it well. Love, love, love this one!

...... And there were the results. 

I expected Witney to go home simply because she just isn't getting much votes from America. When you know she was saved many times at the bottom 2 or 3 because she's a great dancer, you just KNOW she isn't going very far because the judges can only save her that many times. I'm definitely going to miss watching her dance because she's such a ball of fire on stage! 

AND OMG, I thought Cyrus was going home but he didn't!!!! Truth is, Cole is a WAY better dancer than Cyrus and there is alot of talk in the social sphere that Cyrus should have been the one to leave instead of Cole based on skills. HOWEVER, as Nigel Lythgoe has said it thousand times before....... this competition isn't just about talent and skills - it's also a popularity contest. And obviously, America loves Cyrus more than ultra, ultra talented Cole. (His mom's video to him made me cry, FYI!) 

Anyway this was such an exciting week - can't believe next Tuesday is the FINALE. We're going to have to wait till 2013 for the next season. BOOHOO. My guess for the win is Tiffany and Cyrus. I'm not entirely sure because feels like Chehon is winning votes every week - CAN'T WAIT.



No comments:

Post a Comment