Monday, November 14, 2011

Review: Manicure at Milly's


Saw a great deal on Groupon (my current favourite site, FYI!!!) just a week before I left for Perth: $20 for Classic Pedi/Medi at Milly's, U.P: $45! I knew I had to get it.

I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to getting my manicure and pedicure done because I own a lot of OPI colors at home and I'm all for DIY. (I'm crazy, I change my colors once a week, twice if I've time) So when I saw this deal, I purchased it! I paid $60 for 3 classic mani/pedi sessions.

Where?: Milly's, currently they've got 2 outlets: Far East Plaza (#03-129) & Bugis Village, L2 new extension

What?: They not only provide mani/pedi services, you can get your hair extensions, eyelash perming and other beauty services done there as well. Much raved by Local bloggers/personalities: Bong Qiu Qiu, Yan Kaykay, Fidelis Toh and much more. (yes, I stalk them on twitter.)

The experience:

I opted for my first session to be at Bugis Village, thought I'd shop for a bit before heading in. I made my appointment 2 weeks earlier to avoid any disappointment. Like the fact that they provide a HP number to SMS for convenience's sake. Have yet to try how responsive they are on text though..

Anyway, I got there 15 minutes earlier, the shop was rather empty; could be because of the rain. The shop front wasn't fancy, I immediately felt I was transported to Bangkok because there were some staffs conversing in crisp Thai. They were the hair extensions girls. I giggled because I truly miss being in BKK for it's glorious shopping and food. I was greeted nicely by 2 girls who directed me to take a seat and was told to pick my colors.

I asked if the manicurist doing my hands if they had any new colors from OPI, surprisingly (and disappointingly) they don't. Can't help but feel that she just want to get the job done. They've got quite an extensive choice of colors. 2 different shades of red that I picked ran out, I was disappointed again because it's extremely annoying when you're trying out a new place and they don't have what you want. But then again, given that red is a rather popular choice of color. The manicurist was quite nice to help pick 2 shades similar to what I initially wanted.

Outcome: Overall, they did ok. Manicurist working on my hands didn't paint the inner corners entirely but it isn't that noticeable unless you really scrutinise but that's kinda not the point... Manicurist helping out with my toes did a fine job and she cleaned me up well. I think the experience could have been better enhanced if they were more chatty towards me than among themselves. I still have 2 more sessions to go, perhaps I'll have a better experience at the FEP outlet!



No comments:

Post a Comment