Friday, October 29, 2010

Movie: The Social Network



"The Social Network" - A story about the founders of the social-networking website, Facebook.

Mark Zuckerberg is one of those "Accidental Millionaires". He probably knew his creation was going help him earn big bucks but didn't know how many zeros was he talking about right there.

Frankly, Facebook is a life savior in so many ways to me. In so many ways that I couldn't explain. But I'm sure you know how this magic works. How did I wind up with 1000 over friends (some I don't even know but I thought was good to have LOL) and how cyber stalking became one of my favourite things to do? Well, I gotta thank Mark Zuckerberg.

First of all, I've to tell you that the characters portrayed in the show are all real people, and the events depicted in the film are all, within reason, real events that actually happened. If I didn't watch this film, I wouldn't have known that the Facebook's past is littered with lawsuits and conflicts.

I felt the whole film was very smoothly played. It was a little confusing at the beginning because the scenes switched from past and present so quickly but eventually I got the hang of it. Jesse Eisenberg as Zuckerberg was awkward and surprisingly very believable. Hey, he may not be the next Shia Lebauf but I like this dude. There's something interesting about his delivery and performance that exude a unique sense of star quality. Justin Timberlake was suave Sean Parker, who in a way was a conman at some degree, was quite a delight to watch. (forget his role in The Love Guru, he should have NEVER accepted that role)

The Social Network was witty, funny, highly entertaining with a dark sense of pessimism. Well, at the end of the day the hard truth stares at you hard in the face - it's lonely being on top. If there was a 'like' button to this movie, I'm so likin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment